Regional MDS Consultant - Registered Nurse (RN)
Centers Health Care is actively seeking a Registered Nurse to be a Regional MDS Consultant for a group of Skilled Nursing Facilities in Rhode Island. Previous experience as a Regional MDS Consultant/Specialist is strongly preferred.
DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS: Education, Experience, License/Registration, other:
- Previous experience as a Regional MDS Consultant/Specialist strongly preferred
- Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed in Rhode Island.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in long-term care with MDS 3.0.
- Must have RAC-CT® certification/re-certification within three (3) months of start of employment.
- Must demonstrate a professional level of written and verbal communications.
- Must demonstrate the ability to adjust to changes to meet the needs of Centers for Health Care Group
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and government regulators, and to work cooperatively with other associates at all levels.
- Must have knowledge of ICD-10 coding, UB-04 billing
- Must have ability to complete multiple projects.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must possess basic computer skills, including e-mail and common business software applications.
- Must be able to travel by car and air, to include overnight stays that may include weekends
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all Rhode Island health regulations. This requirement may also include all or some of the following: drug screening, criminal background investigation, licensure checks, abuse/neglect registry checks, OIG Database Exclusion list check and reference inquiry(s).
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation
Multiple locations throughout Rhode Island, travel will be required.
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V