Registered Dietitian Per-Diem
Suffolk Center is actively seeking a Registered Dietitian to work Per-Diem for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Patchogue, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition, and have prior supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
DAYTIME COVERAGE ONLY!
Schedule: The ideal candidate will have the ability to come in on an as needed basis with flexibility to provide holiday, vacation and weekday coverage.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed
- Educate Residents, families and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care
- Meet weekly with interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis
- Ensure facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents
- Must be a Registered Dietitian!
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premiere 120 bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long term care, short term care and Wound Care. Our dedicated short term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home.
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, Ambulance & Ambulette Services, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V