Ellicott Center is looking to hire a full time Nurse Educator for our Long Term Care facility in Buffalo, NY.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years of Nurse Educator experience in Long Term Care. The Nurse Educator is responsible for overseeing educational needs (staff development/improvement processes), employee health and orientation processes for our healthcare facility. Educates, coaches and verifies staff performance to ensure best practice, compliance and top customer service. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience, direct observation and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Oversees Employee health. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The Nurse Educator reports to the Director of Quality and/or the Director of Nursing
- Leads staff development programs; by providing instruction designed in safety, body mechanics, infection control, hazardous infectious materials, etc. to meet NYSDOH & other regulatory mandates
- Maintains educational practices by coaching, counseling, and may participate in disciplinary process; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Records and documents educational activity, attendance and responses
- Report on active projects, reactions and progress daily, weekly and monthly.
- Participation in QAPI monthly meetings and projects
- Assist Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating and implementing staff programs and services to ensure a well-educated staff.
- Maintain appropriate records and assist in data collection for assessment and evaluation purposes
- Consults with and keeps Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing informed as appropriate or required
- Maintains good inter and intra departmental relationships, interacting effectively with all internal and external customers
- Maintains close contact with employees off work, on disability or workman’s compensation, and their physicians to facilitate their earliest possible return to work
- Reviews incident reports, OSHA reports, involving employees injured at work & coordinates education, loss prevention program with our safety program
- Provides annual tuberculosis screening of volunteers; directs follow-up procedure for positive Manitou testing within scope of practice and under the direction of Director of Nursing.
- Administers Hep B vaccines & Mantoux (TB skin tests) to various contracted agencies and individuals per guidelines and under the direction of Director of Quality or Director of Nursing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Nurse Educator in Long Term Care
- Current New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Previous experience working in a long-term care setting
- Demonstrated ability to creatively educate and coach
- CPR certification required, CPR trainer certified or willing to become a trainer.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must possess ability to interact, educate, coach and communicate with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous, tactful and effective manner
- Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Must possess an abiding commitment of basic ethical and legal principles
- Possess knowledge of emergency preparedness, safety, fire, disaster, OSHA
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
- Ability to handle required record keeping
Ellicott Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 160-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New York’s beautiful Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. At Ellicott Center we offer premium compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more. Ellicott Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V