Commercial Tile Setter
ONE70 Group is looking to hire an experienced Tile Setter to work on various job sites. The ideal candidate will have experience with tile and other construction installation experience.
The areas of work will be in and across Upstate New York.
The tile setter will responsible for installing tile, marble, terrazzo panels, and glass in buildings and residences. They will also be responsible for applying tile to walls, ceilings, and floors for decorative purposes.
- Apply tile or marble to ceilings and walls of buildings, including homes and businesses.
- Install decorative concrete mixture in floor at schools, offices, and hospitals.
- Measure and cut marble according to specifications.
- Drill holes into the corners of marble sheet.
- Insert fasteners into holes.
- Create plaster mixture and apply to wall.
- Press marble onto plaster mixture.
- Squeeze special mix between slabs.
- Smooth and finish mixture.
- Clean off residue.
- Remove damaged or destroyed tiles or marble.
- Apply cement to walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Set tile in place and push into cement.
- Utilize tools such as hammers, chisels, trowels, putty knives, power grinders, and polishers.
- Crack tiles to proper shape and size.
- Apply base of mortar to floor.
- Level mortar with straightedge.
- Place metal strips in mortar.
- Mix colored cement and marble chips to make the terrazzo.
- Smooth mixture over mortar base.
- Smooth and polish surface with machines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience with commercial construction/installation
- Valid Driver's License and ability to travel to and from job sites
ONE70 Group provides a wide range of construction services, including Construction Management, General Contracting, HVAC and all forms of commercial and healthcare construction. Our mission is to meet the project objectives with a focus on efficiency, value based practices and providing the right solution for the project and budgetary objectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V