Director of QA
Focus Otsego is looking to hire a full time Director of Quality Assurance for our long term care facility in Cooperstown, NY
The Director of Quality Control is responsible for overseeing the quality management and quality improvement programs for a healthcare facility. Directs quality assurance and compliance functions. Ensures that policies and initiatives are efficient, meet patient expectations and are updated to reflect regulatory changes per NYS Department of Health and CMS (federal regulations) and best practices by establishing and enforcing quality standards; auditing processes and analyses data outcomes from a variety of sources. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks independently or as subject matter expert on team initiatives. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
- Maintains nursing staff quality assurance results by coaching, counseling, and may participate in disciplinary process; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reviews CASPER Reports, Point Right Data, State Survey results, Customer Service Survey results, Visual inspections and other data; provides documentation in the form of emails, reports and provide coaching to Interdisciplinary team’s compilation of facility QAPI Report and Monthly Meeting Minutes.
- Assist Director of Nursing in planning, directing, coordinating and implementing staff programs and services to ensure Quality of care.
- Maintain appropriate records and assist in data collection for assessment and evaluation purposes
- Participates in staff development programs
- Consults with and keeps Director of Nursing informed as appropriate or required
- Maintains good inter and intra departmental relationships, interacting effectively with all internal and external customers
- Assigns work responsibilities in accordance with abilities of staff and requests for programs/services related to Quality, Infection Control and Skin/Wound care
- Assists with the evaluation of performance
- Assists in the development of polices/procedures that support the organization’s quality, education function
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift & move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position and be subject to frequent interruptions and communication with others in a nurturing calm way.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses with or without prosthesis that enable you to function adequately
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and ability to work with others
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability
- May be require to lift supplies or equipment
- Subject to infectious diseases, substances, odors etc., during the workday
- Graduate of an accredited college or university RN program
- NYS RN licensure
- Bachelors in nursing or education preferred: Master’s degree desirable
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, to develop & implement comprehensive health programs, to develop and utilize systems for the control of extensive information and to manage independent departmental functions
- CPR certification required
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must possess ability to interact and communicate with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous, tactful and effective manner
- Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Must possess an abiding commitment of basic ethical and legal principles
- Possess knowledge of emergency preparedness, safety, fire, disaster, OSHA
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
- Ability to handle required record keeping
People Management, Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Healthcare Methods and Procedures, dealing with Complexity, Problem Solving, Process Improvement
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V