ONE70 GROUP is actively seeking experienced Commercial Carpenters to join our Upstate New York team. Work is consistent, year-round, and may include overnight travel as well.
The areas of work will be in and across Upstate New York.
Excellent pay for the right individuals based on experience!
The ideal candidate will have 3-10 years Carpenter experience with Institutional, Commercial, Industrial projects valued between $1M - $5M. These may include new construction, renovations, and/or additions. As a General Contractor, our typical clients include school boards, universities, municipal and regional governments, health care facilities, and private businesses.
We typically classify “in house” work on any given project depending on scope, including but not limited to: finish carpentry, rough carpentry, steel framing, installation of HM doors, frames, hardware, painting, taping, installation of Acoustical Ceiling Tile and Grid, drywall, installation of fixtures, installation of millwork, Division 10 items, flooring utilizing VCT, LVT, tile, engineered flooring, and general clean up.
- Ability to provide assistance to the Project Superintendent on the job site
- Ability to fully read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to use hand and electric tools when required (dependent on project size)
- Skill set in demolition, rough carpentry, finish carpentry, civil work will be an asset (Refer to above regarding typical “in house” work)
- Flexible to the work environment on many tasks as the project progresses from “foundations to finishes”
- Positive attitude and hard working within a construction environment
- Physically lift up to 90 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Access to own vehicle in order to get to various job sites
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong mathematical skills and reasoning ability
- Any safety certificates (OSHA 10, CPR, First Aid, Fall Arrest, Occupational H&S certificate, Propane Handling, etc) would be an asset.
- Criminal Record checks (if successful)