Corporate Travel Nursing Home Administrator
Centers Health Care is actively seeking a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (LNHA) to be the Corporate Travel Administrator to work at some of our skilled nursing facilities located throughout the five boroughs of NYC and Upstate New York.
The LNHA will be the acting Administrator at various facilities (one at a time) on an as needed basis, and will be the full charge LNHA while at each individual building.
Excellent Salary and Benefits Package!
The Corporate Travel Administrator will assure the provision of the best available quality of care for facility residents at the particular buildings that they are assigned to: planning, developing, directing, and controlling facility operations within the bounds of established policies, procedures, programs, and budgets.
- Develops and maintains facility objectives and standards with Centers Health Care's input/agreement.
- Initiates and assists in developing, implementing and coordinating facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Appoints with the approval of the governing body, medical nursing and other professional staff.
- Interprets and communicates policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, family members as necessary.
- Reviews, amends and maintains facility policies, procedures, manuals, position descriptions at least annually and initiates changes.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary reports and submitting to the appropriate party as required. Maintains necessary records, i.e., scheduling, hiring, firing, weekly time records, workers' compensation, OSHA log, safety committee meetings, emergency procedures, physical plant inspections, Medicaid, Medicare, OBRA, licensure, surveys, and Health Department regulations.
- Develops an organizational structure to assure responsibility and accountability.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs all departments.
- Ensures the maintenance of appropriate record-keeping meeting all applicable rules and laws. Assists in the recruitment, selection and training of facility personnel.
- Assists in development of facility budget commencing six (6) months before the end of the fiscal year.
- Makes recommendations to adjust the facility budget in response to economic conditions and situations that may arise.
- Reviews actual financial results.
- Adjusts budget and subsequent policies and procedures to achieve financial results.
- Enforces all applicable local, state and federal regulations, as well as those that may apply to federal programs in which the facility participates.
- Ensures that Reportable Event reports are submitted to appropriate state agencies according to defined procedures.
- Ensures that proper discharge planning is completed for all residents before discharge from the facility.
- Protects the personal and property rights of all residents.
- A current, valid New York State nursing home administrator license is required; with the ability to gain licensure in the other states we operate.
- 5+ yrs AOR (Administrator of Record) Experience in a for-profit skilled nursing facility
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state/federal regulations regarding nursing home operations is necessary.
- A B.S./B.A. degree, or equivalent experience in health care administration is preferred.
- Prior management experience required.
- Travel to our facilities in the five boroughs of NYC and Upstate NY on an as needed basis.
- Ability to make decisions and function independently. Ability to plan, organize, develop, carry out, and interpret the facility's goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and supervisory skills; willingness to work cooperatively and tactfully with personnel, residents, families, visitors, state and federal agencies, vendors and the public.
Throughout New York State
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V