Medical Records Clerk/Staffing Coordinator
Far Rockaway Center is seeking a hard worker dedicated to being a Medical Records Clerk and Staffing Coordinator for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Far Rockaway, NY. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a medical records clerk and staffing coordinator, and experience in a Long Term Care setting is preferred.
Medical Records Duties:
- Responsible to compile, process & accurately account for all medical records on each individual resident.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Verify accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Maintain electronic health records databases.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Release necessary information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Responsible for auditing and thinning all medical charts.
Staffing Coordinator Duties:
- Fulfilling staffing vacancies in advance to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts
- Keeping meticulous attendance records and assisting with the progressive disciplinary process if staff members accrue excessive absences and/or tardiness
- Communicating with unit managers, In-Service Director and the director of nursing / chief nursing officer regarding floor orientation scheduling for newly hired employees in the nursing department
- Checking time clock punch records against master schedules and noting the appropriate changes
- Filling time correction forms for events such as missing meal periods or forgetting to clock in/out
- Liaising with temporary staffing agencies who send nurses / nursing assistants to the facility
- Utilizing computer software to prepare, change and update the master schedule
- Participates in Facility Management meetings as required
- Functions as Nursing Department Secretary
- Total 5 years clerk and staffing experience; experience in Long Term Care setting preferred.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent Interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Functions
- Always has a friendly disposition and is a team player
- Off hours contact is necessary
Far Rockaway Nursing Home is a 100 bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Far Rockaway, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V