Director of Patient Services
Focus Utica seeks a Director of Patient Services (DPS) for our Utica, NY location. The DPS is responsible for the administrative, professional and clinical operations of the home health care program. Minimum qualifications includes licensed Registered Nurse in the state of New York, BSN and three years experience as a professional nurse and Two years administrative/supervisory experience.
- Licensed registered nurse in the state of NY.
- Three years experience as a professional nurse with one year administrative/supervisory experience in community health.
- Assists in planning overall development and administration of the Agency as set forth in the policies and procedures relating to the Agency.
- Participates in the development of administrative policies and procedures relating to the Agency.
- Directs implementation of approved work methods and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care.
- Reviews and evaluates existing clerical/administrative policies and practices to determine if current methods provide the means for the staff to carry out their Responsibilities: and achieve projected goals.
- Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Agency program.
- Modify Qualifications: in accordance with individual state requirements.
- Supervises job classifications and job descriptions of professional personnel.
- Selects and maintains a qualified, well-organized staff to provide care for the needs of the patients.
- Establishes methods for coordination of care by all disciplines.
- Gives leadership in promoting and maintaining standards for giving high quality care by all members of the patient care team.
- Perform responsibilities of any nursing position.
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V