Regional Director of Housekeeping
Centers Health Care is actively seeking a Regional Housekeeping Director to oversee housekeeping directors and housekeepers in multiple facilities.
- The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for the effective supervision of all Housekeeping Services to ensure that a high level of cleanliness & safety is maintained.
- The Director is required to hire, train, evaluate & discipline housekeeping staff, develop their work schedules and inspect their work to ensure it meets the facility's cleanliness expectations and complies with infection-control procedures.
- The Director orders supplies, manages a budget and produces reports. The Director processes invoices and approves employee time sheets. The Director also oversees the facility's lost-and-found department and responds to guest complaints. The Director reports items in need of repair or maintenance.
- Supervise all staff in the Housekeeping Department
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & safety throughout facility grounds
- Participate in recruitment and hiring process
- Assign staff to established work areas & duties
- Plan and coordinate project work
- Attend and participate in departmental staff meetings, development and training courses
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees
- Assign equipment to staff; monitor daily equipment use, cleaning and maintenance
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times
- Assist housekeepers as needed
- Significant travel in and around Upstate New York, Eastern Region
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
- Ability to function appropriate under stressful conditions
- Good stress management skills required
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
Location: Upstate New York, Eastern Region, Travel required
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V