Director of Recreation/Activities
Martine Center is actively looking to hire a Director of Recreation for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The Director of Recreation plans individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general, supervises recreation assistants and volunteers. The Director of Recreation will be responsible for developing, implementing and supervising a full scope of recreation services in the nursing home to stimulate customers to have fuller and richer lives.
- Responsible for developing, implementing & supervising all recreational services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing recreational budget.
- Plans individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general.
- Responsible for creating exciting & therapeutic recreation programs.
- Directly supervises all recreation assistants and volunteers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Member of the interdisciplinary & management teams.
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members.
- Takes minutes of meetings and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed.
- Coordinates community grass roots programming and serves as facility representative at local events.
- Responsible for maintaining a bi monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program (Facebook).
- Must have recreation experience working in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Minimum 3 yrs. of Activities Director experience.
- Must possess current CTRS certification (or equivalent).
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working with the senior population.
White Plains, NY
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.