Director of Recreation/Activities
Triboro Center is actively looking to hire a full time Recreation Director for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate will have prior Recreation Director experience in a Long Term Care setting, an upbeat energetic personality, and be tech savvy.
- Plans a variety of engaging activity programs for all days of the week (including evenings, weekend and holidays)
- Plans activities that are appropriate to the needs of the residents (includes but are not limited to: small and large group programs, individual pursuits, sensory activities, clubs, special interests, spiritual and religious activities, one to one activities, community outings)
- Prepares a monthly calendar of activities that is posted in prominent areas and provided to every resident
- Prepares a monthly staffing schedule that includes evening and weekend and holiday coverage
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are met. (MDS, assessments, care plans)
- Develops a system to record resident participation / attendance
- Participates in morning meetings , department head meetings, care plan meetings, and any other meeting as directed by the facility administrator
- Orders appropriate supplies and equipment for the department
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members. Takes meeting minutes and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed
- Organizes and coordinates special community outings with resident interests in mind
- Arranges regular entertainment, parties, seasonal programs and special events
- Plans and coordinates staff events at the request of the administrator
- Ensures that facility is appropriately decorated as per the holiday/season
- Supervises the volunteer program for the facility
- Coordinates community grass roots programming and serves as facility representative at local events
- Responsible for maintaining a bi monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program
- Adheres to all facility and corporate policies.
- Must have activities/recreation experience working in a skilled nursing facility
- Minimum 2 years of age appropriate experience with 5 years in a full time activity program
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
Triboro Center is a 405-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the Bronx. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Triboro Center’s staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Triboro Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Centers Health Care is a group of leading providers of top quality medical care, rehabilitative treatment and health care services in the states of New York and New Jersey, earning praise worthy reviews for our facilities and services. We are now a consortium of twenty-seven specialty, multi-purpose, healthcare, nursing and rehabilitative centers, unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.